For the health and safety of our kids, weapons, smoking, chewing tobacco, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or pets (including dogs of any size) are NOT allowed on the GCAA Complex or on the West View Elementary fields. If you are seen with any of these things, you will be asked to leave the campus and may be found in violation of the Parent Code of Conduct or may be reported to the local authorities which may result in criminal charges and/or disciplinary action by the GCAA Board of Directors, Disciplinary Committee, or the Chairperson of a sport.
Also, public intoxication or being under the influence of any controlled substances on the GCAA Complex, West View Elementary fields, or any other place where GCAA teams are gathering, practicing, or competing will not be tolerated. These actions may also result in being reported to the local authorities which may result in criminal charges and/or disciplinary action by the GCAA Board of Directors, Disciplinary Committee, or the Chairperson of a sport.
1. I understand that the Greater Cleveland Athletic Association is organized to promote youth athletics and good sportsmanship.
2. I understand that my conduct as a parent will have a definite impact on youth for whom it is intended, the program, and myself.
3. I pledge to support, cooperate, and work in every way to promote youth athletics in the best interest of the programs and youths involved.
4. I pledge to be respectful to all officials, even in an expression of disagreement.
5. I do agree to adhere to the principles of good sportsmanship and to the rules and regulations defined by GCAA and any organizations affiliated with GCAA.
6. I understand that if I display poor sportsmanship, whether during or following a game, I will be subject to partial or permanent program suspension. Unsportsmanlike conduct is defined as, but not limited to the following:
7. Regulations regarding adult's ejection or suspension will follow the guidelines listed below:
8. I understand that any suspension may be appealed by using the following process:
The suspended individual should submit in writing a detailed account of the incident to the president of the association within 48 hours of the suspension. The statement should give names of any witnesses that observed the incident.
9. This Code of Conduct does not exclude discipline by NCYSA. In the case of an ejection, the parent must leave the facility (out of sight and sound) in which the field is located and cannot return until 1 hour after their team's next match. If the parent does return before this time, an additional 2 game suspension will be incurred. Typical GCAA disciplinary actions for offenses are shown below:
I, as a coach at GCAA, agree to the following code of conduct.
I will respect the opposing team, its players, its coaching staff, and spectators and will not engage in any disrespectful conduct.
I will respect the referees (umpires) and will not challenge or show dissent with their officiating.
I will respect all GCAA officials and will abide by their directives.
I will be responsible for the conduct of my players and their parents and will take all necessary steps to ensure their proper behavior.
As a coach I will not engage in any activity that encourages unsportsmanlike behavior by my players.
If I violate any of the above provisions, I will adhere to the following discipline:
* This violation may also warrant further discipline actions from other sanctioning bodies.
This code of conduct in its entirety, does not exclude discipline by the local association/club (when participating in away games) or NCYSA or other sanctioning body.
In the case of an ejection, the coach must leave the park/facility (out of sight and sound) in which the playing area located and can not return before being contacted by a GCAA Discipline Committee. If the coach does return before this time, a minimum of an additional 2 game suspension will be incurred.
Download Your Sponsor Form Today!